View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #23
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakelife View Post
Very well stated. The only thing I would disagree with a bit is the depth of discharge for the batteries I'm looking at. Deep cycle sweeper/scrubber batteries are designed to be discharged down to 80% depth of discharge. This would give me 696AH of battery bank for $1,300 vs lithium at $7,000 for the same AH's. Plus there's no way I could fit 7 batteries in the space. I do agree that there is no one right solution. hopefully we'll all see each other on the road and we can debate this at the campfire with a beer in hand.
one thought on the AGMs. at 125 lbs each that is no easy task to manhandle them into that space. I'm already in my sixties by the time i'm ready to replace them... well... I will be older LOL. AS a safety issue I am good moving 29 lb LFPs... 125 lb AGMs in awkward locations well not so much. Gonna need some strapping young guy to help. Food for thought. LOL

Over a beer... I'm in.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote