View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 09:24 AM   #137
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
Rick,

What you and Don do is your business.

The fact that Don and I have similar thoughts on stated specs that don’t seem to go along with what you’ve been saying is not meant as any sort of slight to you. It’s just a statement that doesn’t agree with what you’ve said.

I took your facts and sent them back to you. I thought that was only fair. And I had to go on and on about why I was saying what I was saying, because you seem intent upon taking things personally, and without regard to what’s stated, as long as what’s stated doesn’t agree with you.

The fact that the only “good and accurate info” we have about adding even something as slight as a bicycle holder hitch to a Monty is that it’s not what Keystone had in mind when they omitted a bumper from the Monties. Anything beyond that is, well, “self-serving,” and from sources that aren’t Keystone.

Sure. It would be great to know all the calculations and engineering that went into arriving at the various printed stats on all the RVs sold by every company. (Are other RV companies more forthcoming with their stats and how they’re computed? I don’t know.) But absent the information, I’m not quite prepared to make things up, ask third parties, and then go about reconfiguring something that could very well end up destroying itself, or people in the process. I’ll just go with the figures I have, and base decisions upon them, knowing that the company that provides them will have to stand by them. And if at some future date, those stats cause me to ponder whether I can add another feature to my RV, I’ll have to ask someone who will then be responsible for my having added it. (I won’t go to a washer/dryer maker to ask if he’d be OK if I installed one in my Monty.)

And, please. I wasn’t upset over what you wrote. You are upset that I still don’t fall in line with it. I said over and over again, that whatever you wish to do with your Monty is your business. And, (further exercising my freedom of expression,) I did go on to state that I wouldn’t want to be traveling around you after you do it.

If THAT offends you, then deal with it. It’s not meant to. But it is the last thing I want to say on the matter. Even if you dredge it up another time, I’m not coming back. You don’t need to show anyone that you can’t accept that someone else doesn’t agree with you.

So please let things drop, and let people get on with exchanging ideas, rather than attempting to force people to go outside of acceptable channels to create a situation where anything can happen, but no one will ultimately be held responsible, other than the people that do such things.

Sorry folks. Move along. There’s nothing here.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote