View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
HOME! Our Montana is HOME!

Despite continuing winter weather conditions, we brought our Montana home from Bish's RV in Idaho Falls today. For those of you who don't know the "Idaho Falls Story," here's a recap: We took it in to Bish's RV for some one-year warranty work in July. Our rig was finally ready for pickup last month. Many crossed wires, changes in the service department, yada yada, were responsible for the extraordinary delay in getting the work done. However, once the problems were sorted out, Bish's and Keystone got on the ball and voila--our Montana is home.

We still have two fixes left on it--a double-hung window in the recliner slideout has to be replaced, and somehow that window was lost in the shuffle. It was ordered yesterday or will be ordered Monday, [s]I assume[/s]. (No, assuming is what helped our rig fall through the cracks originally, so I won't "assume." I'll call Bish's Monday to be SURE the window and rails are ordered.) The other fix is to the rails on which the sofa drawer slides, or doesn't, as in our case. The originals were re-installed more securely than they were at the factory, but the drawer didn't work right yesterday, so Wayne (not Wayne-the-hubby but Wayne-the-service-tech) said he'd order new rails for us. We appreciated Wayne-the-tech spending a LOT of time reacquainting us with our rig. We had several maintenance questions that he completely covered and then demonstrated for us.

I guess I could have thrown a good old-fashioned hissy fit (one of my areas of expertise) over the window and those rails, but Bish's has been so nice about working hard and fast to rectify all the problems we had when our rig was lost in the shuffle during the last 8 months that I know those two problems will be handled with the utmost efficiency. While making another 125-mile (one way) trip back to Idaho Falls wasn't in our plans, we do enjoy the shopping and Chinese food there, so it won't be too painful to have to return for the window and rail installation. I've always wanted to spend the night in the Wal-Mart parking lot, so I'll get my chance when we go back!

Again, thank you, Keystone, for stepping in so quickly when I asked for help and for continuing to follow up on the work that was being done. Thank you, Bish's, for all the things you've done to make up for letting our service work fall into a crack. We do understand, believe me.

By the way, while we waited to have new batteries installed yesterday, we sat in Bish's comfortable waiting area and watched a steady stream of folks come in with broken parts in their hands, or asking if they could get help with an RV problem they'd encountered while traveling over this Easter break. I don't think you'd find nicer, politer, or more helpful people than we saw swing into action to help all those customers. Everyone left with a smile, too.

Would we recommend Bish's as a place to buy an RV? You bet. In fact, when and if we trade our trailer in for another, we'll buy the next one from Bish's. Whatever problems Bish's had last year seem to have been solved.

Now . . . look for my next announcement which should be titled "WINDOW and RAILS INSTALLED!!!"

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote