View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 04:40 AM   #9
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Welcome to the forum. Good place to get answers. Sometimes we don't all agree. Choice of truck is one of those areas. We all justify our choices. As you see in the signature, I am using an F250 and it does a great job with my Montana. It is beefed up a little with an extra leaf in the springs and larger tires plus some other goodies.

All things being equal, if you can price out a one ton to your satisfaction, that's may be a better choice. Remember, the more you add to it, i.e, 4X4 and or dual rear wheels, the less tow capacity you have because of the extra weight of the dual axles and four wheel drive equipment.

For the years you are indicating, the 7.3 L Powerstroke is a proven engine. I would consider avoiding the first couple of years of the 6.0 L diesel. The Cummings has a long history of reliability. I think the older Cummings are louder than the 7.3, but not significantly.

Can't say about the Dodges of that era, but my Ford is well appointed and very comfortable. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. FYI, I get 20-21 mpg unloaded and 9-11 mpg with Monty.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote