View Single Post
Old 04-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #33
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Road Trip View Post
I believe I found my issue, it is the 50 Amp circuit breaker that is connected to the battery and receives power back from the inverter. I have 12-7 volts battery side and 13-4 inverter side. the inverter power is not going through to the battery side. I took a jumper wire across the 2 post, that put the battery power to the inside of the RV, everything works off the battery power. I watched the inverter charge the batteries upto 13-6. question, is the CB that was changed upto the 80 Amp CB by Keystone ? thank you for the assistance
The circuit breaker typically changed to an 80 amp is the one that feeds power to the hydraulic pump since that pump draws a lot of power. But some have also changed the breaker to the converter to 80 amps also. Not sure I would do that unless the wire size is adequate to handle that many amps. And it should not need an 80 amp breaker any way.

The converter (not inverter) is what charges the battery. A converter changes 120 vac to 12 vdc. An inverter changes 12 vdc to 120 vac.

Another way to verify that circuit breaker is the problem is to shut off 120 vac to your converter, either by turning off shore power or turning off the breaker to the converter. With the converter off, that circuit breaker should have 12 vdc (or whatever the battery voltage is) on both terminals. Those things are nothing more than a piece of bimetal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1118.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	14265  
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote