View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
A LETTER FROM THE ALPINE GROUP IN QUARTZSITE

All,
This morning while working on my water pump (which is essential to have out here in the desert) the Wagon Master of the Alpine Coach Group, Rod Sprague and his wife Karen came over with a letter for me. After reading it I was so moved, I felt it needed to be posted here on our forum for all to read. The contents of the letter are pasted below. I also have the original over in our rig if you would like to see that.

Jack

Rod & Karen
Quartzsite, AZ
January 17, 2012

Dear Montana Owners Group:

We look out our window each day and see the beautiful flags flying from your units. We are so moved by the lovely American and Canadian flags along with the various other flags and banners.

Our son, John, is due to deploy soon along with the members of his unit. It is likely this group of men and women will be sent to an area where there is high tension and uncertain outcomes.

John was born in Fort St. John, British Columbia and spent his earliest years in Fort St. John. We subsequently moved to be near family in Spokane, Washington. John has grown up with a deep love of his birth country and his adopted country. John enlisted in the U.S. Navy in January 1991 and has served aboard ship, submarine and on land.

Your support of the military and your pride in your respective countries is of immense value to the morale of the military serving around the world. I have taken a picture of your flags flying in the breeze to forward to our son and expect he will share the picture with other members of his team.

Thank you and best wishes for an enjoyable stay in a country kept free and safe by the military of Canada, the United States and others.

Rod and Karen
Alpine Coach Association
Rat Rally XI Hosts
Quartzsite, AZ