View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
RCN.Stoker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9497
In Ontario all 400 series highways are double lane and often expand into more lanes as you reach the commuter zones surrounding major cities. If you are coming from North Bay I assume you are taking the highway 11 scenic route rather than crossing over into Parry Sound to pick up highway 400. In any event you will meet 400 at Barrie and then join the 401 at Toronto. The interchange is easy as you are taking the West merging lanes to the 401. The next interchange is 427 South to the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW). At this interchange you need to keep right or you will be fed onto the Gardner Expressway which takes you back into Toronto. The correct way is well marked but make your lane changes early. (Some drivers use the QEW merge lanes to beat the traffic on the slower and more heavily traveled merge onto the expressway and then cut across to the left lanes.) This will put you onto the QEW which takes you to Niagara Falls. As you approach Hamilton the left lanes continue to the Falls and the right merge onto highway 403 to Hamilton, again well marked. If you have access to Google Maps use the satellite view which gives you a really good picture of the interchanges.

I second Adelmoll's suggestion of the KOA on Lundy's Lane. The bus stops right outside the park and takes you to the Falls area. Last time I used it we got an all day bus pass good for multiple trips.

Enjoy your trip.
RCN.Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote