View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
First, I heartily agree that Keystone, and most large organizations need an "ombudsman" for situations like yours.

I have a couple of suggestions. First, you said: " Talked to John Armstrong (pretty sure that was his name) and he assured me that everything that came in for repairs was warrantied for 90 days after they were done and it covered anything that was related to the original damages."

Did the "factory" actually do your work? or was it done by one of the local RV repair folks under sub-contract? Can't you get back to that guy, directly? Is he actually a Keystone representative, or from a local (Goshen) RV repair facility? That is where the issue(s) should be resolved.

Second, I think any comments by a dealer re the Mfg should be considered, but not taken at face value. Although you and I are impacted by that specific relationship, it isn't my battle, as the Customer. I can see lots of good logic of the "other side" of the issue. I'm sure Keystone can relate a multitude of stories about being billed for 3 hrs of labor to do a job listed for 1 hour which really only took 20 min to do by an experienced RV tech. There has to be some flexibility in the numbers game, but it works both ways.

Did you actually call Customer Service, of did the Dealer call and then hand you the phone? That may explain how you got the "Ron Hanson" individual. That part of your narration makes no sense to me, based on my past dealings with Keystone.

I would suggest getting back to the "John Armstrong" individual first via phone and take it from there.

JMHO
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote