Thread: Half way there
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2005, 03:25 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No, Bill, we haven't but we will be headed up to Glacier / Flathead Lake in July, coming from the Kansas City area. We have been through Billings on I-90 (I think that's the right highway) but not your exact route.

Rich, we're carrying bricks and just about anything else we'd want or think we might want for fulltiming. The specs, as you noted, say 10,360. The sticker in the kitchen cabinet says 10,760. I found out from a Keystone rep at the Tampa RV Show that those stickers are the same for all of that model and includes the "normal" or "standard" options, whatever that means. Ours has the hi-gloss which adds another 600 lbs. When we were weekending/fulltiming I weighed ours while on a typical trip and it weighed right at 12,500, give or take 50 lbs (can't remember the exact number). That was with a full fresh water tank. For fulltiming we're loaded quite a bit heavier. Last time I weighed it was June, 2003,and it weighed 13,980 with a full fresh water tank. That was just a few days after crossing Colorado with the V10. We've since offloaded some things and now run with freshwater at 1/3 to 2/3 full, so we're probably closer to 13,500 now. One of these days I'll get it weighed again.

One of the nice things about the 3295 is the payload capacity allows us to bring along pretty much whatever we want to bring and we're still under GVWR.

By the way, your '05 has higher hp and torque than did our '99. And ours had the 3.73 axle. You'll have no problems towing the 3295RK.

At 13,980 our pinweight was 3,120. At 12,500 it was abougt 2700. I think the UVW on the brochures is pretty close, at least it was on our 2001 2880RL and our 3295RK. But that number is with no fluids, no propane bottles and no battery. It includes the "standard" options but not the hi-gloss, which adds 600 lbs.

I don't know where they get the brochure pinweight but from what I've seen those numbers are low on every model except maybe the 3400RL. Since propane bottles and battery are up front and total roughly 200 lbs, that's some of the pinweight difference but not all of it. Gear stowed forward of the axles will add to the pinweight, too. So maybe their number is accurate as the unit comes off the assembly line.

Yes, we're 320 lbs below GVWR so I keep that in mind when we add anything to the coach. And it's one reason I want to get it reweighed since we offloaded some things.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote