Thread: Half way there
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:45 PM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Rich, I personally have a friend who is a GM employee who told me he'd have the Ford if he didn't get the great price as an employee. And there's a MOC member who is a retired Ford employee who bought a GM. The problem with these forums is that a rumor gets started and everyone else picks it up. In the other thread where we're discussing this I just posted an article that makes me think that's what's fueling the rumors. Basically it has to do with some govt regulations that will affect all three manufacturers. They will all either have to make some very major modifications or they'll have to start with a whole new engine. I have searched high and low since this first came up and find absolutely nothing giving any credibility to Ford dropping the 6.0 for any other reason. Right now ALL the tow tests online and hardcopy say the 6.0 is king of the hill by a wide margin. That could change next year when somebody else comes up with something new. It's just Ford at the moment. And the early problems are no worse than they were in the other mfrs very early renditions of their diesels. And they're fixed now. When we traded our supercab '03 to get the crewcab '05, we went from one 6.0 to another. And I'd buy another if this one got totaled. What I'm trying to say is I find absolutely no reason to believe there is anything wrong with the 6.0. If you think about those forums, then read here about Montanas you'd certainly think the Montana is having big problems. That's just human nature. There are no forums where people post primarily the good things. They post problems and perceived problems. As i said in the other thread, where my brother works they have several with well over 300k miles without a serious problem and are continuing to buy more. There is no credibility I can find anywhere that says anything other than Ford will continue with the 6.0 unless they can't meet the 2007-2010 regulations. Well, maybe if they develop something even better or maybe if they decide to build their own instead of working with International/Navistar. If anyone has anything credible to the contrary, please post it. I just do not put a lot of faith in forum discussions on things like this, ya know?
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote