View Single Post
Old 10-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
03 RAM Diesel upgrade 5.9L

I am upgrading Red for a little more horse power. I was very surprised to see the design of the stock intake and how its design cuts the air flow by at least by one third. Stock intake photo 1 and Stock intake photo 2 show the OEM intake. The OEM design reduced the air flow to allow access to the mounting bolts.

I am not a Banks sales person and receive nothing from them. The sales person told me that their High Ram intake would give me equal preformance through the rpm curve. I have noticed that it was lacking until the rpm was above 2200. The stock intake feeds 1,2 and 3 cyclinder with air all the time but 4, 5 and 6 only get full air flow at full boost. Banks' intake design distributes the air through all six cyclinders. Banks High Ram intake photo
Those bolts to the right do go down into the air flow area and have a sealing washer at the top.

I did add the exhaust but feel the intake was responsible for most of the improvement.

The electronics will be installed in the very near future.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote