View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #1
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
2015 Ford limped home again: Final Resolution!

For the second time in 5k miles the Ford all but died. She's less than a year old with less than 15k miles. Same thing as last time. Driving along, not towing, and "ding" check engine light, "Reduced Power" warning and high pitch whine coming from under hood.

Love the truck but coming from a vehicle that didn't need repairs until the 70k mile mark (torque converter) then one other time at around 100k for front end rebuild. I'm starting to worry and trying not to be Negative Nancy but the sting is a bit too sharp right now. Whine went away by the time I made it to dealer, just like last time. I suspect I'll get the same answer "We can't find a problem, but we reset the CEL and we are running a fuel analysis" i.e. anybody else's fault but ours, yep that's Negative Nancy speaking again. Last time I had them change the fuel filters 5k miles early for the heck of it. Not interested in changing fuel filters every 4k miles.

Heading to Mexico in a week. Don't need a flakey vehicle south of the border. Starting to miss my Ram. She lacked the creature comforts and couldn't compete with the Ford when towing but at least I could depend on her.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote