View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Watching peoples routine when they leave

With us traveling for my wife's job, travel nursing, we usually stay in one spot for about 13 weeks and try to choose RV Parks without a lot of traffic. Sometimes, we'll even stay in nicer mobile home parks. This assignment didn't have any of those kind of parks so we are in a park just off the highway and we get a lot of weekenders and overnighters. I'm really beginning to enjoy watching some peoples routine when the get ready to leave. I've even learned a few things to do and not to do.

An example, I just watched a guy hook up his 5th wheel and he hit the hitch so hard the landing gear slid about 2' backwards. He unhooked his sewer line and about 3 gallons of fluid hit him in the knees. Last night I watched a guy reform his tailgate inward by not lowering it before he backed the truck under. How do you not see the tailgate is still up when backing under? Unfortunately, I did it a couple of weeks ago pulling out from under, but...

I could go on and on and I'm just rambling, but this is kind of fun to discover I'm not the only dufus in the world.

On Edit; I just wanted to add that some folks have a routine down so good that they make us look like amatures and we've been doing this mostly full-time for 7 years.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote