Thread: New Members
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Nope. Nothing like that. Since the ratings on both the F250 and F350 for '05 far exceed prior years' ratings I felt either the F250 or F350 would be just fine for our needs. After that it came down to which I found first that had the cab and bed configuration, equipment, colors we wanted and a deal we felt is reasonable. To top it off, I found this one at the dealer where we bought the prior three trucks. Same salesman. I trust that salesman and have been pleased with the dealership in general. And that means a lot.

I cannot tell any difference in the ride between F250 and F350. Maybe with different configurations but not with same cab/bed/singlerearwheel, etc.

I did make one mistake. I got the tow package, the tow command package, and the 10,000 lb GVWR (higher than last year's F350) but did not get the Camper Package. The Camper Package is normally for slidein campers but this package gives you the extra leaf on the rear springs, the helper spring. Our '03 F350 had that and it handled our 3120 lb pinweight just fine. This one doesn't have that extra leaf. So, tomorrow morning I'm having air bags put on. I don't like towing with a little squat in the rear.

Probably more info than you were looking for.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote