View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
I mounted my hard wired rear view camera right above the running lights centered on the rear cap. I removed the outer RH running light. I then drilled a 1/2" hole in the rear cap right behind the camera. I installed a rubber grommet in the hole later for weatherproofing. I dropped the rear belly pan down just a bit and ran fish tape from the hole over to the runing light, then down to the rear belly pan and pulled the coax carefully through all that. Next I drilled another 1/2" hole in the front storage area in the lower curbside corner where it meets the underbelly right above the plastic cardboard. I then ran fish tape back to the rear where I had left the wire from the first pull then pulled the coax forward taking all the slack out. From the front storage area I ran it up the side and across the plastic sheeting under the bedroom and then exited out next to the pin box where the break away switch wire is. I left enough hanging out to easily reach the monitors wire connector in the truck bed right over the wheel well. I just put the slack under bedroom on top of the white plastic panel. I have my monitor hard mounted inbetween the sun visors with the wire running across the headliner, down the rear cab trim by the seat, out an existing grommet in the rear cab, and up inside the inner fender to a connector. I put that in the side of the bed right under the post rail. I can easily reach over into the bed and hook up the truck and trailer wires the same time I hook up the breakaway cable. I try and take photos in a few days. With the fish tape, it didn't take but part of an afternoon to do the entire project.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote