View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
We are still kicking around all our options, including keeping our current 5th wheel. If we keep it I will be going all out on upgrades to include:
Independent Suspension
Disc Brakes
Cushion Pin Box
Upgraded tires

That being the case can I get everything except the tires done all at once at Mor/Ride in Indiana?

Anyone that has done the first three give me an idea of the cost and how long the install took? Granted I have a triple axle so have to consider the additional cost and time.

First off you can get all the items including the tires while at Moryde. Moryde is located in the RV supplier capitol of the world and there are many tire centers including Tredit that are OEM suppliers to Keystone. There are also tire centers with mobile service techs that can and will perform the tire change while you are in the bay at Moryde. This is exactly what we did. We purchased 4400# rated wheels and had our Sailuns dismounted from the original wheels and mounted on the new ones. This allowed us to take full advantage of the 8k upgrade of our IS suspension...and yes the OEM sticker still govorns capacity ratings.

IS is such and improvement I will not own another 5th wheel without it. In addition with the general size of Montana's I personally think that db's should be standard equipment and just increase the price. We also took advantage of the goosenect adaptor kit for the Moryde kingpin since we use a Anderson Ultimate hitch.

When we decide to upgrade someone is going to get an awesome rig.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote