View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
2013 Mid-Atlantic Rally activities

I know it's a bit early to start planning activities but I don't care, I'm doing it anyway. Truth be told, I've been holding off for a couple of months.
There is a zipline tour in Westfield, NC that lasts for 2 hours and sounds like fun. It's $80.00 a person but we might be able to get a group rate. Vickie and I were going to do this the last time we were there but got rained out.
We can also arrange a golf day for those interested. Cross Creek Country Club in Mt. Airy looks like a nice course.
There are a lot of other things to see and do in the area. Pilot Mountain, the Andy Griffith Museum, the county museum, the worlds largest open pit granite mine that can be seen from the space station, etc.
As we get a show of interest for an activity, we'll plan an outing.
Jim
UPDATE
Let's start planning activities. We need volunteer co-ordinators for the meet and greet, the pot luck dinner, we need someone with computer skills to take on the task of making the name tags, a show of interest in a golf outing and suggestions for anything else. Bingo and Cathy have volunteered to have a movie night so ideas on what to show are welcomed. After we get co-ordinators, we need volunteers to help them.
There will be $25.00 per rig rally charge to cover expenses and paper goods for our gatherings, etc. Any money left over will be donated to the MOC. The fee will be collected at the rally.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote