View Single Post
Old 12-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #15
powerhaulic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20884
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
That's not a bad idea with the ISR plate. Then you can adapt to any ISR hitch in the future. Does your trailer have the RotaFlex hitch, and if so, do you have to do the same thing like the Andersen, and lock it so it doesn't move?

I'm sure that it's no different than any other SB setup. I'm guessing that PullRite doesn't recommend it, since they have a slider!

Andersen is all about saying it will work, BUT, you need to test it for yourself. CYA!!

There is definitely some my-hitch-is-bigger-than-your-hitch going on between PullRite and Andersen. PullRite claims that there is stronger because it carries more weight. That might be true on the pin load, but not on the weight of the trailer, at least according to the numbers that each of them list as pin weight vs. pulling weight.

PullRite:
20,000 lb. max gross trailer weight towing capacity
5,000 lb. max trailer pin weight capacity

Andersen:
Rated at 24,000 lbs GTWR and 4,500 lbs tongue weight
I am not a fan of the goose ball mount hitches, have spoke to several in campgrounds that agree the hitch rotates on the ball.
That is why I obtained the first prototype mount from Demco, to mount the SuperLite I had been using.
I also have a SuperGlide, and see no reason it wouldn't work.
I installed a long jaw air pinbox to increase my cab clearance on the '18 and improve ride.
used it as is on the 2020, fantastic overall ride quality.
Lippert AirRide pinbox / PullRite SuperLight hitch
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote