View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 03:52 AM   #23
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Irlpguy

My certificate of origin does "NOT" have a build date, if you read the small print you will see that the date listed on the Certificate is the date and invoice number on which the unit was transferred to the dealer.

Since the date on the sticker on my 3402RL shows the same date one might assume that was the build date as well as the date of transfer. If these units come off the assembly line and are immediately transferred to the ordering dealer, then it might very well also be the build date, only Keystone knows that. I suspect the stickers are the last thing to go on the units, they must properly reflect the GAWR depending on whether it is shipping with G614's or Marathons.

Having never been to the Keystone factory I doubt new units off the assembly line sit on the lot in Goshen awaiting a dealer to order one, I suspect when they come off the assembly line they are destined to a particular dealer and the transfer is made on that date.
OK, My unit had the serial number assigned and was built 4/9/13. (Per the ID sticker showing the VIN and GVWR on the outside left front) The MSO is dated 5/8/13 which is the day before I bought it. The invoice to the dealer is dated 5/1/13 which is when they agreed to buy it when I bought it over the phone.

My unit was a "stock" unit that Keystone built and when built was un-sold. Keystone does build units for stock so if a Dealer needs a common floorplan they can ship it quickly. Maybe Hook can explain it better.

The dealer sent me a copy of the invoice so I could verify options as built. I have it as a PDF on my computer, have not yet figured out how to post it (a pdf) on the forum.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote