Thread: Newbies
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Welcome to the MOC forum! We loved your story--nothing like cutting straight to the chase and jumping into RVing without spending months, if not years, debating this floor plan vs. that floor plan, and this TV* (tow vehicle) vs. that TV. I'm sorry that you missed the fun and AGONY of debating the merits of various plans, trucks, etc., but the plus side is that you get to start having fun immediately. Sweet.

You'll soon discover that nearly any question you have can be answered here on the board, and answered by people who will bend over backwards to help you any way they can. The help doesn't come just through the internet, either. Time after time I've read a post from someone who needs help with a problem, and then read a follow-up post asking "Where are you? I'm headed toward [destination] and I'll swing by to help you [do whatever]." There always seems to be a fellow MOC member in the area, but if not, you'll get some immediate suggestions here on the MOC board about where to take your truck/RV for service or suggestions beginning with "I had the same problem . . . you might try . . . " I can't tell you how many things we've fixed or adjusted after getting help through the MOC, saving us a trip to a dealership.

Again, welcome to MOC. It's home for us!

Carolyn

* You may already know that TV stood for "tow vehicle," but I didn't when we first joined MOC. Until I figured it out, I thought the reference was to televisions. If you go to "HOME" on the forum, you'll find a wealth of info, including a link for "Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Initialisms." You will also find links to help you get the technical stuff done (avatar posting, photos, inserting links, etc.). And, you can always just post your question about such things and quickly get help.
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote