Thread: Trading UP
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 03:00 PM   #21
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
New rig

Hi C5 driver. Congrats on your new rig. We have a 2017 3810 MS. We like it very much. Not a problem with the newer rigs (they don't have them now) but we did get rid of the worthless TV on the outside (use that space for storage) and got rid of the worthless fireplace in the bedroom and made a storage cabinet for the area. Otherwise, left if pretty much alone. Did replace the sofa and entertainment seating with La-Z-Boy furniture, FAR better and much lighter.

One thing of concern I would have is your tow rig. If it is a 2500 GMC, you are going to be overloaded. We had to get a 3500 GMC, with 11,600 GVW rating, and we are still close to max without adding a lot of other stuff. The TRUE pin weight of the trailer is about 3400 pounds (I weighed it) and that puts the rear axle and tires closing in on max load rating. The 2500 has the same engine, tranny, etc., but it's those unseen things that make the difference. I know some will argue, but I just consider worst case scenario and figure what would happen in an "incident" and the lawyers get involved.

But, entirely your call. You WiLL like the 3811 very much. We do!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote