View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #6
Charli
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14048
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Sounds like a new toy you are really going to enjoy.

Did you get a SRW or DRW? I had the rear lowered on my previous 2007 F350 FX4 SRW. At the time Ford had a TSB (technical service bulletin) advising that the rear may be to high for towing a 5th wheel. Their recommended solution was to replace the 4" blocks under the axles with 2" blocks. And I had the dealer do that. The 4x2 and (I believe) the DRWs use the 2" blocks. The DRWs appear to be lower in the rear than the SRWs.

I have not lowered my 2012 F350 SRW and the Monte does ride a little nose high.
I have the SRW. My dealer said Ford hadn't come with a "fix" yet given it's a new model. They said changing the blocks might alter the way it handles although I suspect that's a CYA response till Ford comes out with something. I may well swap the rear blocks once I find out how much the squat is when I hook up. The Titan fuel tank did reduce my clearance a bit so that is another consideration. I can lower my hitch just over 1 inch which will help but the higher bed rails might come into play. Hopefully have a solution by next week.
Charli is offline   Reply With Quote