View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #16
Irlpguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12935
Congratulations on both the new Montana and leaning toward the Ram 3500 Dually. These days there is not much difference between the big three and all are plenty capable of hauling your 3402RL. I am partial to the Ram since that is what I have owned for 12 years after having owned Ford for many years.

With the 3402RL you are going to need the highest GVW you can get on the TV, my Ram 3500 is 12,300 lbs, you will want nothing less than that on your TV.

Our choice was the 3402RL because we like the floor plan the best and still do, would not trade it for any of the others, I think you will be happy with it, not to say there won't be some issues, because there are likely to be some as with any RV.

If you are able to have Keystone upgrade the tires at the factory I would do that and get the Goodyear G614's, they are optional on the Big Sky Montana's and are "G" rated at 3750 lbs and rated for 75 mph. Pretty hard to go wrong with them.

Keep checking in here for lots of information and help, lots of both on this forum.

Irlpguy is offline   Reply With Quote