Thread: New Owners
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #8
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I would say the mentality of these forums are different from the MOC. On these other forums, the admins let people get carried away ripping each other up and down. This degrades into entertainment for a select few, and all valid information and real help is drowned out.

On here the admins step in when things start to get out of control - and they do occasionally - and start pulling posts or locking threads. We are not on here to complain, whine and argue for no good reason - which many other forums are loaded with. We are a part of the MOC because we help each other out with valuable experience.

We all have our own personalities, but they are kept somewhat in check here. Whenever someone comes on here and tries to pick a fight for the express purpose of their own entertainment - there are those people out there - they are locked out of this forum and then they loudly jump on many other forums and start bad-mouthing the MOC. Others on those forums, who have no experience on the MOC quickly pick up on this contrived negative and propagate it. Much like the negative rumor mill that develops around the water cooler at work. Many people always suck in negative and thrive off of it. They don't care about the facts.

Cheryl and I researched this and other forums for a year before we bought our Montana. We have been living in it full time for almost 2 years now and we love it. I can tell you without any doubt in my mind that this forum, and the information on here, has saved us an ENORMOUS amount of money and suffering. I shudder to think of what would have happened to us if we would have just blindly jumped into this lifestyle with our Montana without the tremendous assistance of the Montana Owners Forum.

Thank you, MOC!
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote