View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #25
stimpy123
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8267
Send a message via Yahoo to stimpy123
Gang,
My 2005 LLY is a real pain to get to. The biggest challenge is to disconnect the water sensor wiring from the bottom of the filter, before you can even get a filter wrench on it. Then getting the wrench onto the filter is another real treat. Some engineer at GM must have not thought out the mechanics job or they would have made it much more easy to access. I've changed several in parking lots because the truck goes into Limp Home Mode, which allows for only 2K rpm or about 55mph. This will at least get you off the freeway for a change of filter. I've also tricked the computer by shutting the engine down and then pulling the key for about 5 minutes. After the 5 min. the engine has started properly and run well again. I have a Edge w/ Attitude which sometimes has caused me some trouble by making the computer think that it isn't getting enough fuel for the minute. I had that challenge while trying to pass another rig and all of a sudden the engine just slowed down.
I know you all are speaking of the 2007 models, but it seems as though GM hasn't really gotten the trouble cleared in newer rigs.
Best wishes
stimpy123 is offline   Reply With Quote