View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 04:34 AM   #11
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Like previously stated Each owner is gonna endorse their own current brand and I am no different.

We started out with an 03 Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax. Today we have an 05 GMC 2500HD with the Duramax. WE just drug our 3485SA across the U.S. from northern NY to Oregon and the TV performed flawlessly.
I definitely recommend the GM Duramax line up. If I were to make any changes I might move up to a 3500 with the Duramax but I would stay with an SRW. IMHO the dually makes little difference with stability and because of the dual wheels it is harder to park in the average parking lot when not towing. The addition of the dual wheels also becomes more expensive when it comes time to rotate the tires and you'll be buying 6 tires at time of replacement rather than just 4.
I also strongly recommend a 4X4. In our current cross country trip I had to use 4WD at least 4 times and 2 of those required 4WD Low Range. YES, if you do get stuck with a 2WD you can always wait for someone to pull you out. That in it self could require hours of waiting.

To sum up, Everything posted before this reply and after will be just like my reply...
Each owner is gonna endorse their own current brand. It is their "OPINION" no more no less.
In the end only you know the final answer to this question. You must go with what ever you feel most comfortable with. I hope it's a GM but the Fords and Dodges will do the job as "nearly" as well.

Again, it's just My Humble Opinion. Humble? No one ever accused me of being HUMBLE.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote