Thread: 2017 Superduty
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #60
jeff_banning
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli View Post
So after taking our 2011 F350 KR in for an oil change and taking a 2017 F350 Lariat for a test drive we did the deal yesterday. Proved to be a very expensive oil change!
With the Employee Pricing, Delivery Discount, Costco and Loyalty discounts we got over $14k off of list. After the trade and some cash we financed the balance at 1.99%. I hadn't planned on doing this but we should be set now for the balance of our RVing life. Course I said that after I bought the 2011, heh, heh.
The trade value ended up being $10,000 less that what we paid for the truck 4 years ago. We put on 55,000km, 2 Snowbird trips plus many local camping trips hauling the 5er so I thought that was a pretty reasonable cost of ownership. The 2011 had the Extended Service Plan on it courtesy of the original owner and it was expiring Jan/18. Don't think I'll add the ESP to this truck as that's another $3-4,000 depending on term and mileage. I can always add it later.
Interesting that the 2011 list price was $84k and the 2017 is $87k and despite the Lariat being one trim level down the new one has even more bells and whistles.
I am getting the dealer to switch out the fuel tank from the factory 33 Gal to a Titan 55 Gal. No more refuelling during our travel days. Going to enjoy that.
The 2017 has 5 cameras and the one showing the box will be particularly useful when hooking up. Oh yes, finally, a 2 stage manual engine/exhaust brake. This was my biggest complaint with the 2011after owning a Dodge CTD with a very effective exhaust brake. Going to enjoy the safety the Exhaust brake provides when we travel through the Rockies.
The menu system for the dashboard screens is a bit overwhelming but we will have lots of time to explore during our trip to Arizona in November. The menu system is much smoother and more intuitive to operate. Much like my IPad.
Still debating on the spray in bedliner and will need to see if the dealer will throw in some mud flaps. I noticed that the Nav system on our 2011 was listed as a cost of $3,000. On the 2017 it's $800. Interesting how technology does come down in price after it's not a new and novel item.
The one big question mark is the 2” higher bed height and 3” higher bed rails. Going to have to see what adjustments I will need to make to the Trailer and hitch so my trailers rear bumper isn't dragging.
2017 at $87K? How do you do that? I have a King Ranch Ultimate 4x4 Crew with almost every single option you can get and it was $79K. See sticker attached -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dually Window Sticker.pdf (1,015.7 KB, 64 views)
2017 Ford F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7L PS 4:10's
Monett, MO
jeff_banning is offline   Reply With Quote