View Single Post
Old 05-25-2022, 06:49 PM   #15
BuckandTeresa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24683
CRITICAL! Dump Valve out=dump valve OPEN!

So, I had not RV'd for over 25 years when we bought our MHC in 2019. I also got a quick 10 minute walk-through, the dealer rep's first ever walk through. He casually waved at the pulled-out dump valves as he walked by and said, "There's your dump valves" and kept on walking. Now fast-forward to my first week of heavy use, and I go to hook up the waste dump hose for the first time. As I take off the waste dump cap, I am inundated by a tsunami of mixed black water matter, toilet paper, and two tanks' worth of gray water. The dealer had left all the dump valves in the open position, and didn't bother to tell me if out was open or closed--no labels! I learned the hard way "out" was open. I had to wade back into the flood to put the cap back on, then, between spitting and cussing, try to figure out what to do next. I finally shut all the dump valves, but still had about fifteen feet of four-inch waste line full of all sorts of nasty stuff, which now I had to deal with. I got a large storage tub, poured in a bunch of Mr Clean, turned my face away and opened it again. After about five gallons or so, the flood slowed, and I could hook up the waste line and reopen the dump valves, black then gray then gray. I then poured Mr Clean all over the spill area and washed it down with the hose, then cleaned the tub which I had dumped into the ground sewer drain. Lastly, I had my wife hose me off from head to toe, and threw all my clothes and leather sandals in the dumpster... Lesson learned the hard way.
Oh, yeah, you gotta see that s Robin Williams' movie "RV" for a similar scene.
BuckandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote