View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 08:32 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Amazon is really great in a lot of ways. We've been able to get a lot of things from Amazon that the big box stores simply do not have any more. Even the little box stores don't have many things any more. Plus, the prices are always cheaper.

Now, when it comes to buying clothing? That's a different matter. I'd NEVER EVER buy a pair of shoes off Amazon without trying them on first!

Although, my wife did buy me a new package of under wear a couple weeks ago off Amazon. They were "Haines", same as in the store, so she knew they'd fit OK. And they were about $5.00 cheaper than in the store! Imagine that! Free shipping as she has an account.

And not too long ago, she ordered an item in the morning, and it was delivered THAT afternoon! I was blown away at that one! But it really did happen!

On Edit:

I do a lot of wood working. I'm currently building a new cabinet in our kitchen in the house. I use a 1/3 sheet orbital (vibrating) electric sander. They last about 5 years and I, literally, grind them down to death using them.

The last time I needed a new one, it as near impossible to find. The big box stores simply do not carry them any more. They have the 1/2 sheet and the 1/4 sheet, but I want the 1/3rd sheet size. I found one at Mendard's, and used it for years.

Well, it died last week. I went to every Home Improvement store in my area looking for another 1/3 sheet orbital vibrating sander. None! Even Home Depot showed a 1/2 sheet sander on their web site for $340. I was willing to pay! I needed the sander even though this one would have been much larger than I'm comfortable working with.

Nope, it wasn't in store!

My wife went out to Amazon and found one..... $19.00. Ordered it and I had it the next day! Imagine that! It works very nice too. For $19.00, I'm not complaining at all. (and shipping was free).
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote