View Single Post
Old 12-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #21
hemiallen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28242
I see they have words in the ban making options available before making sales of gas units illegal to sell new, but California had a similar bill about lead-free bullets for all game hunting, and it stated if supply is lacking they would sell ammunition to hunters that purchased licenses, through a system to guarantee hunters would be able to hunt and meet the new law. It said something to the effect " this law won't make some hunters unable to hunt as we will guarantee they can buy ammo and still hunt". Similar wording to the "not banning gas powered equipment if there is no green solution available to people".

Guess what, the "system" the bill had in writing couldn't be implemented, demand for all ammo everywhere was making even lead ammo hard to get, but the lead ban still happened. I called the listed phone number to get on the list to purchase ammunition from the listed resource, and the agent said #1 there is no ammo for them to distribute, and #2 there wasn't any budget allocated to work out the program mandated in the bill!

I really don't believe the IF - THEN part of any legislation passed in California.

Sorry for the sidebar, but I am not betting on the law being followed, if it passes. And yep, a trip to Nevada or Oregon is a solution.