View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:42 AM   #12
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIrish7 View Post
I am sure this has been asked many times. But, need to narrow things down as we prepare to leave at end of June for 7 weeks out West from Atlanta.

1. We are new to the 5th wheel and have had TT's before.
2. We have planned to stay at a number of sites without hookups this summer.
3. Have a MHC 281CK(just rec'd) that has a space for an on board generator but did not order one until I talked to people on the forum.
4. We would only boondock for 1-2 nights at a time perhaps 3 at the max. Would like to have at least 1 air conditioner work etc..
5. This MHC is only 32ft and only my wife and I are travelling.

Need some clear direction on which way to go?
a. buy a onboard generator and have someone install?
b. carry a honda 3000 or similar in the bed of the truck all summer?
c. other options etc.

Thanks for the help so we can make a decision.
Regards,
Jim
Another option is to run Micro Air Easy Starts on your A/C units, which would allow you to use one smaller generator to run everything, instead of having to buy 2 and hook them together. I can plug my rig into a standard 120 outlet and run an A/C unit with no problem at all. If I was to buy a generator that is portable I would buy something around the 3-3500 watt rating and have it be a dual fuel option. Oh and congratulations on getting a 5th wheel. From Robert
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote