View Single Post
Old 08-31-2019, 09:06 AM   #22
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I knew this tread would stir the pot a bit.
A lot of responses stating being noisy/load/boisterous etc. My org post stated nothing to that extent. Why would you assume I/my group would be that way ?. The groups average age is around 60
Yes, we always sit around the camp fire with our favorite cold beverage chit chatting , often past midnight and beyond. Other then normal voices you would not hear much else. We are very respectful of others.
Our idea of camping is to do just that (camp), not try and fill the day with stuff to do from the crack of dawn till 9pm.
Camping to us is supposed to relaxing and not having an itinerary of stuff to do all day. We all get up every day at 5-6am for work and would like to sleep in while camping.
Its almost impossible to do that at most campgrounds when at 6-7am everyone kids are let loose running and screaming, riding the training wheeled bikes in and around the other campers. And don't get me started about feeling like im in a dog kennel with dozens of yapping dogs. Idling trucks for hours. The use of hammering drills to raise stabilizer jacks. Talk about disrespect for other campers !!!!
It is way louder at 6-9am then anytime at our groups campsite.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote