Thread: First timer
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 06:35 PM   #14
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid1956 View Post
Dave, I'd re-think it a bit, or at least verify draws.. know most invertors are 80-85% efficient, the one above is 89%,, that make these around 850W continuous.. divided by 120=7.08A continuous draw.. the one above says 8A.. you need to know what the surge and continous draws are from the fridge motor.. then size above that. Usually double is better.. On top of that, you will at some point, want to watch tv or something,, then wouldnt be big enough.. I, would personally do as big as you can afford, or at leat 2000W or 2500W.. Oh, and you DO want pure sine wave if possible,, easier on motors, starters and sensitive electronics..

just sayin..

Here's link to specs for the one above..
https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/pr...ter-csw-series
Food for thought. We are just wanting the fridge on it and it is rated at only 1.6 amps normal usage. double that for kick on = about 3 = triple it for 4.8 so I think 1000w would be good.

I think if we aren't plugged in, we'll just use our ipad or Kindle instead of TV.

The RV place gave me a quote on installing an inverter for the fridge and they quoted a 1000 watt psw.

The only downside I see from going to a 2000 watt is that the bigger the inverter the more parasitic drain they use to operate.

Still, it's not that much more to go with a 2000 watt so part of me says that as long as I "have the hood up" I may as well go bigger.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote