View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #10
woodtic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12753
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by J-KB

I haven't used any additives in my tank, its the first diesel I've owned for less than a year, do do you recommend using one, I have 2014 Ram
Additives are not required for opperation of your truck with the exception of very cold weather and only having #2 diesel available(see manual).
I do reccomend using an additive in most situations, but keep in mind that many over the road truckers have gone millions miles without ever adding any treatment to there fuel system. The trucks also run almost every day.

So why use a fuel treatment?
1) Control small amounts of water/condensation that gets into the fuel system to prevent fuel system deterioration.
2) Control bacterial growth.
3) Add lubrication to ULSD fuel to protect the HPFP.
4) Promote cleaner burning of fuel to reduce exhaust particulates.
5) Help reduce internal engine deposits from bio diesel.
6) Improve fuel efficancy.

This is only a few reasons. Other things that make fuel treatments more important are, if the vehicle sits for long periods, cold weather, bio fuels.

Not all additives are created equal. NEVER use and additive that contains alchohol, or is labled "for use in gas or diesel engines". I have tried a few differant additives and this is what I like best so far. http://www.xtremediesel.com/XDP-Dies...-Additive.aspx
woodtic is offline   Reply With Quote