View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #9
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Quality, yes; when we purchased ours new and took it back to our Dealer for repairs the total was $5000 plus dollars that Keystone had to pick up. Slide adjustments, Decals cracked and peeled, wall paper defect, leak at filler pipe to fresh water, plus other little items that should have been caught by Keystone's Quality Control. oth my DW and I spent 4 plus hours going over the unit prior to purchase with a detailed PDI list from members of this forum.
Each time this happens, it cuts into profits and increases the purchase price to the customer. I can relate to your problems in many ways. We did a lot of those quality things on our own as I consider myself capable of mechanical/electrical challenges, plus our Dealer overall was in support of our concerns. Then again when you are the manufacture and presumably select lowest tender from suppliers there will be malfunctions in our Hi Tech world.
Today our 3400RL is serving us well and hope we have eliminated all those gremilins until we move on to the next RV and start all over again!!
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote