Thread: Montana Towing
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #15
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Wow, Mike. I didn't know the other guy's name while I was floating down that river in Egypt. I was that other guy.

Fortunately, I was only over by a few hundred pounds in my older, lighter rig and was able to apply the hardware, wheels and tires to allow upgrading my SRW F-250 to a SRW F-350 since I quickly learned air bags were NOT the solution even though some other idiot sales guy told me that's all I needed. Upgrading the GVWR cannot always be done and since I did not complete the recertification to the new weight ratings I can only use my rig for personal use and that's just fine with me.

I didn't have the funds to buy a DRW but if I wasn't retired, then I would have. Oh well, I've used the extra money saved for golf lessons. I should have upgraded to a DRW because the golf lessons have only made me more dangerous to be around.

See Blondeegal? Some of us read all the details in a post. What mostly caught my attention is your husband's name is Art, just like mine. But I know he's not me because last I checked my wife is brunette. I think women who marry Arts are pretty smart.

I'm saddened you will not be a Monty owner, but there are other Montys that might fit the weight requirements, so don't give up on us too quick. There's High Country and Montaineer versions of Montanas, for example. We do appreciate you trying to be compliant. We gotta be careful and safe when driving our 11.5 tons or more of fun down (and up) the roads.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote