View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 03:49 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I stored our standard folding ladder and bought a seven foot ladder from Camping World, the one that folds down to roughly 3 inches by 3 inches by 7 feet. Slides in the front of the basement quite nicely and is easy to get out and put back in (unless I store things on top of it). It's still not quite enough to reach the top of the Montana except when I put the ladder in the bed of the truck but the top part I can reach from the roof.

Until a couple of weeks ago we toted two standard adult mountain bikes on a ladder rack and had no problems with the ladder at all. Keystone told me it will support it and it did. With our first Montana I had a "mishap" coming out of a very steep driveway and caught the bike wheels on the ground. Not a good thing to do. It bent a couple of the horizontal ladder supports but didn't do any damage at all to the Montana itself nor the mounts on the Montana. So I can attest to that ladder being plenty strong enough. We had one of those "standard" bike mounts that slip over a rung on the ladder and have two bars curving outward to mount the bikes on. Worked fine but was a pain when I wanted to get on the roof. We only used the bikes once in 15 months so our youngest son and his wife are now using them.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote