View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 10:11 AM   #9
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
You should have 2 sat connections in your convenience center, make sure you're hooked in to the one that goes to the tv you're wanting to use.
Your must be the exception our 2019 3791 has 1 sat connection in the convenience center. I

With that said there are other consideration, cable quality and length from sat to convenience center connection Winegard and King both say 25' max, i have gotten away with 50' but never 75'.

Keep in mind that if you have 2 TV's you need the Pro series of portable SAT that has two outputs which requires tow RG-6 cables from SAT to RV as well as two separate receivers (SAT box's). Those both have to be on their own runs to each TV.

I just re cabled my RV when I added a 3rd TV in the basement. To demonstrate cable length impact when I added the new run to the BR TVI used a 20' RG6 fem the convenience center to the BR TV the picture was terrible I ended up relocating the Sat Box only 3' from the convenience center (in the ceiling of the basement as the Wally Remotes will work upto 50' and through RV walls). Anyway with only 4' of RG6 I then ran 20' HDMI and not I have a perfect Hi-DEF picture.

The main thing for portable says is the shorter the RG6 runs (including internally in the RV) the better. Try to located your Wally as close to the incoming cable connection as possible as the remote has amazing distance capabilities and there is NO reason for the Wally to be at or even near the TV. So keep RG-6 length short and use HDMI to make up the difference.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote