View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
Mel B.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
What they did is really what Mor Ryde calls the X Factor. It's a brace system that came out around 2011 trying to cure the I Beam flex that the LRE 4000 suspensions caused. It came in two versions ... a single beam across the frame behind the equalizer mounts and a 3 beam version that also reinforced the outer spring shackle mounts like yours. I made my own for the single beam behind the equalizer .... works well to minimize stress on the frame I Beams.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ghlight=factor
I read your other thread, looks very good. My pictures really don't do it justice. It was starting to rain, cloudy and my flash wouldn't work? But yes I really like the three rails, and welding all but one rail in place. Also the way they box welded every hanger. We pulled off of HWY. 97 near Klamouth Falls Oregon last Sept. just a slight 2" pavement edge and the right rear leaf spring pin broke. That caused the hangers on the rear axle to bend-twist. I've had alot of SOB RV'S in my life, but this Montana suspension seems to be the worst. But I love what they did, This is the way should come from the factory. I feel much more confident traveling on some of the dirt roads we drive on. Arizona bound in a week