Thread: did you hear?
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 11:52 AM   #31
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperthreads View Post
We ordered outs on June 13. It came off the production line on August 5. And now it sits in Elkhart, because they can’t get items from other manufacturers. We have no idea how much longer the wait will be, we don’t even know what’s missing, because our dealer can’t seem to get an answer. They also have been terrible at communicating with us. We have to call repeatedly just to finally get any kind of information. Frustrating- yes. Understand that this is happening because of manufacturing being shut down, I get that part. What I don’t get is why they can’t communicate to their customers. Hoping to have it by Oct. as we plan on taking it for a month to Texas in November- and want to make sure we have done a couple shakedown trips first.

Hopefully you get your rig in time to make those shakedown trips. As far as shortages of who knows what;

Got home from FL on 8/4, walked in and knew something was amiss; the fridge had stopped sometime quite a while back (we had been gone over 3 months). Immediately started to find one - none, backordered etc. I'm thinking what the heck? Toilet paper and now fridges??

After a day of looking and calling we got a tip from our neighbor about a small appliance store in a small town. Went there and they had ONE fridge similar to what I needed so bought it. We had a long talk about the lack of availability. The shutdown has affected nearly every facet of everyday life which then affects almost every facet of product production and delivery. He advised that the extended unemployment, which was more than many of the folks made that produced or delivered these items, kept many of the workers home when the businesses started opening back up. This he said, was told to him by multiple suppliers. So everyone sits in the dark. A similar story was told to me by CW when I took my trailer in for repair last week - they will assess it but have no idea when they can promise to have it out because parts may or may not come in.

I figure the above is why Keystone has no idea what is going on in the production of the units. When they depend on dozens of independent suppliers who themselves depend on other manufacturers and none of them, including the manufacturer knows when and how many they can produce of what.....everyone sits around in the dark and does just what the business owner told me...."we hope" it's getting better. Not a good deal for anyone but as the owner told me I too "hope" it's going to get better for all our sakes.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote