View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 06:18 PM   #1
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Combo Splendide installation in 3921FB ?

Looking at getting a vented combo splendide washer/dryer. I have been researching the install procedure and have not found anything for my unit.
As you can see in the screen shot below from the Montana website (not pic of my unit) the washer hookups are in the corner cupboard. The water/drain/electric connections are in the upper cabinet, as well as the decal on the wall "cut here for dryer vent".

Can I/should I install the combo unit in the upper section of the cupboard? I don't think the shelf has a label on it for "250 lbs capacity". I would feel better about installing it on the bottom section with a pan - but that means I have to cut thru the divider shelf and poke the hoses and dryer exhaust up thru the shelf to get to the connections. These cuts would probably impact the integrity of the shelf. The hoses might be ok (smaller cut along the backside of the shelf) - but I do not want my dryer vent going vertical thru the shelf then turning left to exhaust...not good. I suppose I could find the studs in the lower section and cut a dryer vent hole down there (I have not started looking at it yet).

The second screen shot shows where I would try to put the vent holes for either the upper installation or the lower installation. I have not yet measured or looked for studs at either of those locations - but it seems like the vent hole should line up like this to eliminate multiple turns in the vent hose.

Looking for advice and/or war stories from someone who has done this type of installation before. TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-29_18-36-01.png
Views:	75
Size:	639.3 KB
ID:	7413   Click image for larger version

Name:	y2020-09-29_19-02-57.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	7414  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote