View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 04:33 AM   #1
DougVelting
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27691
Lightbulb RV Furnace Wont Light In The Rain- Fixed It

Hey all,
So this past weekend we had some pretty decent rain, and when i went out to the rv to do some stuff, turned on the heat and the furnace didnt light. Pulled the cover off outside and found a pretty decent puddle in the bottom of the furnace. The rain seems to have gotten in along side the exhaust pipe, puddled up and seeped into the firebox.

When the fan kicked on for the preignition it was blowing the puddle around inside the firebox and IF it did manage to light, it sputtered out and died in a few seconds.

I dried out the box with a towel and a heat gun into the exhaust pipe, got it good and dry, then used fire rated sealant to caulk the small gap between the component cabinet and the firebox so hopefully we dont have this issue again in the future.

Im going to do my own "hurricane simulation" with the garden hose after work today to make sure it worked now that the caulk has had 2 good days of curing.

In depth steps and pics on my blog if anyone is having a similar issue, http://interstateadventures.com/rv-f...t-in-the-rain/

But here is a couple quick ones that about sums it up if anyone is having a similar issue.

DougVelting is offline   Reply With Quote