View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 01:42 PM   #52
Cyride
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22980
In reading this I was just wondering if anyone is increasing wire size, after all that is one of the major components the circuit breaker is protecting. If you increase the potential load to the components the breaker is serving you may be installing something that could be a fire hazard should there be an overload or short on the circuit the breaker is feeding. I can't imagine any company would be crazy enough to tell someone to increase the size of the circuit breaker without making major modifications to all the devices involved. As for drilling anything out, that is usually a sign of making a bad decision. Manufactures design things to not allow someone to make unsafe changes. Another thing to be aware of, just because you buy a circuit breaker doesn't mean you are buying one to protect the circuit properly. There are many different types of circuit breakers, as an example: Thermal Magnetic breakers compared to Instantaneous trip circuit breakers. One is designed specifically to protect in case of a short circuit. Im not an expert on making the changes suggested and certainly in no way recommending anything, just someone that likes to sleep at night knowing my electrical system was designed and installed properly! Would love to know what official document Lippert may have sent to anyone that suggests these changes?