View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #30
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Ok for what it is worth I will add my two cents. I have a 2000 F350 SRW and a 2018 DRW F350. Big difference in trucks due to the build dates. The SRW has lots of extra aftermarket goodies on it like injectors, transmission, airbags and tuning/exhaust brake plus more. The new DRW is stock. No comparison between the two rigs towing my 16K 3160. Corners are stress free along with better stability and braking. Now I hate to admit my new truck has a big problem (engine knocks) but it is being replaced with a new 2019. The dealership has gotten me a 2016 SRW one ton while I wait for the new truck. I did go by the scales in all three trucks and even though I am not overweight on any single axle the DRW is the only one that is legal to carry the weight the the Fifthwheel pin puts on your truck. The 2016 SRW handled the unit a bit better than my old 2000 but it was still not even close to the feeling of confidence that the DRW truck gives me.

So after that I will say I towed my 3160 for a few years and the truck did ok overall but I don't really like pushing the limit for too long as I worry about the odds catching up to me. I am not thrilled with the rougher ride from the dually but it was bought to tow not to be a daily cruiser. Drive sensible and with a bit of luck you won't have to test your 3/4 tons limited ability and it will probably do just fine. SRW one tons and DRW one toned are totally different beasts.

Tom Marty