View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Montana Labor Day Parade, with some SNOW

Dillon, Montana, held its annual Labor Day parade this morning. Below is a photo of what I work up to discover on the foothills around me--snow. By parade time, the temperature had warmed up to 39 degrees, not too miserable except for the mist and rain that continued to fall.

Nothing can stop the show from going on, however, especially on what's billed all over this part of the country as Montana's Biggest Weekend (pro rodeo, fair, concert, parade). The parade theme this year was based on Breast Cancer Awareness, so pink was the color of the day. My daughter (left, holding her dance studio sign) and her friend led the way. The little dancers riding the float held pink glittered signs saying "We're on our Toes to Beat Breast Cancer," "Hip-Hopping our Way to a Cure," "Tapping to a Cure," etc. They were dressed in parkas, mittens, and hats instead of pink tutus and leotards as planned. The other classes walked and threw candy.

After taking a few photos, I was put into service walking behind the middle of the big sign, holding the bottom down to keep the wind from ripping it to pieces. Sure wish I'd had on my walking shoes instead of my "not made for walking" boots. Last year, sunburns and shorts. This year, parkas and mittens.

Photos: View from Clark Canyon Dam, 4 miles from my home. The campgrounds there were still full of RVers this evening in spite of the miserable weather.
Bottom left: Hillary and friend. Bottom right: Some of the dancers NOT wearing tutus or leotards!

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote