View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 05:45 PM   #6
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Definitely knowing the Model Number will help with answers. The 2012 RV came with the old bi-fold shade. No roller shades.

I don't understand the statement "She tried to fix it but not a le to salvage the shade.". Pending knowing the model number, I am assuming the RV has a large rear window. Those long shades had a tendency to come loose from the wall. They are just screwed into the thin wall. If it just come off, then re-attaching it is pretty simple. It does require removing the valance. The screws holding the valance are hidden id the fabric and are fun to locate. Hint: Look under the folded fabric in the rear corners.

The other common problem is one or more cords that raise and lower the blinds have broken There are also fixable. There used to be lots of places to get cord and instruction for repair. I may even have a repair kit still.

Breaking the frame is very unusual if that is what happened. It is metal and would take some force to bend it. The length of the shade is on a sticker on the back of the shade.

If you can better describe the damage (pictures help a lot), we can probably give more specific repair steps.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote