View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 06:51 AM   #11
dke1955
Established Member

M.O.C. #20643
This might be a little north of your preferred area but just something else to check out. Taos and to the east Angel Fire are where we stay usually. Take 64 north out of Taos, cross the Rio Grande Bridge (stop to take a look down in the gorge see if that white jeep is still down there!), 64 travels north thru the desert and picks up the forest again turning west. I love this area, campgrounds are along the road, 64 heads up to Chama where you can ride the narrow gauge railway for fun....64 will then travel north to Pagosa Springs CO. which is also beautiful (but crowded).
Many years ago my bud and I got a wild hair and rode the bikes from Texas to Sante Fe just to have a burger at a place called the Bobcat Bite....very small joint, you had to put your name on a chalkboard outside and they would call your name when a seat was avail.,....if the place is still there it would be worth a visit....Lots to do...if you like cliff dwellings and aztec/chaco ruins then https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-mexico/ruins-nm/ Have a blast! Be Safe. dave
dke1955 is offline   Reply With Quote