View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 11:55 AM   #43
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
Not a huge fan of being told what to do since I left the military. I do understand a lot of the things in place. Certainly happy I live near the coast bordering 2 states that did not go crazy with the lockdown. My marina has stayed open and the 5er is close so along with things around the house I stay busy. We cancelled our trip for this month but am a bit pissed the Navy called and cancelled our trip for mid-May. Early IMO as the state 7 miles away opened retail effective today. Construction has been ongoing so I'm able to take the metal detector searching for CW relics. I'm a bit of a loaner so really don't mind, kind of appreciate, being off by myself.
We only had 38 cases in the entire large county and 1/3 brought it with them from NY and NJ.
We have had most groceries deliver to the S&B for a long time. Not a big deal with a $4 charge plus tip.
When PA opens I'll drive to visit my brother but they are really under heavy restrictions. FL maybe but how can DE justify stopping travel on the interstate? Some have certainly overstepped. Heck, I had more freedom in the bush in Nam for 2 years than those in some states do. Some that cram into buses and subways~~ no wonder they are no sick 365!
I felt bad for those laid off until over hearing some that do not want to go back to work until Sept as they are making more on unemployment than working! I feel bad for the business' that cannot get help until a side of politico get their head in the sunshine. Mostly, I feel bad for taxpayers as nothing comes free.
When my family has had financial problems for generations due to no fault family took care of their bills without govt hand outs. Next question, I'm retired with an income higher than most so why did I receive a check? The IRS knows as the check I send them is many times the amount they sent me. How could they possibly believe me and millions of others need $1200/$2400? Why not keep that or give those that truly need it more?
My rant is over for now ~~ off to the marina for a few minutes.