View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 11:02 AM   #23
DAR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12658
Well I am finally finishing up the re install of my converter. I jumped the gun when I thought I would need to buy a new one and disconnected every wire and pulled the whole unit out. Thanks to Rohrmans suggestion I was able to purchase the 12 volt distribution panel itself and use the original converter and 110 volt distribution panel. It has been a lot more work re installing the 110 wires than it was removing it, and my workmanship is not as nice as they did at the factory. It is also a lot harder to work on than doing a panel in a house.

The work is mostly complete, but as I finished up with the battery connected my propane detector started to beep, without any fuses in the panel. I checked the voltage I have 12.6 volts at the ground to hot wires that feed the panel from the battery. When I check the bottom fuse connector just above the led light (the light is on) there is 11.8 volts and then at the top terminal it is 12.6 volts. Is there voltage on the ground side to light the leds when a fuse is blown or missing? not all of the leds are lit just the ones that have some draw on them?

I also noticed that #1 and #2 say to use for low current #1 has the AC and #2 has ODS hooked to it planning on moving the ods and hooking the Furnace to #2. Anybody see any possible problems with doing that?

Thanks in Advance
DAR is offline   Reply With Quote