Thread: Big Sky Options
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2004, 04:17 PM   #5
Montana_1988
Established Member

M.O.C. #1988
Well, here's what I know so far. After going through the paperwork that was included with the Monty:

1. Fridge - Big Sky appears to come standard with 8 cu ft, same as regular Montana. I'm assuming the original fridge shipped with the Monty was a Dometic Americana RM 2852. Original buyers appear to have changed the fridge to a Dometic New Dimensions NDR 1062. This is a 9.2 cu ft refer. I have the paperwork on both models but the NDR 1062 is whats installed.

2. Hot Water Heater - Big Sky appears to come standard with the 10 gallon. Owners manual shows Suburban SW10 series. Probably have the SW10DE installed which is the gas/electric DSI. I haven't verified the model yet as the Monty is not at the house.

3. Air Conditioner - Big Sky appears to come standard with 15,000 BTU. It's really hard to say for certain on this. On the Montana the A/C is optional but is included in the "Moving to Montana Package." On the Big Sky brochure there is no mention of an A/C but one would automatically assume it has one. Especially since the original shipping document did not show an A/C under installed options; only the 2nd A/C prep. I checked the A/C and it's a Duo-Therm 15,000 BTU. This must be the 15,000 A/C w/quick cool thats listed under equipment options on the Montana. The only info I have is the owner's registration card and it lists it as model number 620426.321. I'll check with Duo-Therm to see exactly what I have. Using their web site, it looks like it might be the Penguin series.

Once I finally get the Monty home I'll be able to go through it and check everything more closely. Still waiting for hitch to be installed. Hopefully Tuesday unless it gets set back again.
Montana_1988 is offline   Reply With Quote